How do Cannabinioids work on my pet's body?
- Your pet's endocannabinoid system is made up of special receptors that can interact with CBD.
- There are two types of receptors within the endocannabinoid system, CB1 and CB2.
- CB1 receptors are concentrated near the brain and the central nervous system.
- Reproductive organs
- CB2 receptors live within body's immune system and peripheral organs.
- Do note, your pet's endocannabinoid system is unique, like a fingerprint. That means certain pets may be less or more sensitive to the impact of CBD oil.
CBD interacts with receptors/activators TRPV1, 5-HT1A, & GPR55 which regulate mood, sleep, pain, memory, appetite, inflammation, nausea, and stress levels. In canines specifically, CBD loosely binds itself to the receptors but for a longer duration than humans. It regulates what is out of balance to evoke a longer lasting therapeutic response without causing toxic effects. Once the CBD oil is completely processed, it safely passes through the liver and digestive system.